Online Parties – How to Have A Successful Online Party
Online parties are becoming something of the future for us Party Planners/Direct Sellers. It’s a great way to get that hostess that just does not want to have a party in her home. Online Parties can be a bit of a nightmare in terms of how they work, so I thought I would write down all the information with regards to doing your own online party and show you How Online Parties Work and How to Have a Successful Online Party.
Why Have An Online Party
Online Parties are great if you are a Hostess and also as a Party Planner, if you are the Consultant you won’t need to go out that night and do the party and if you are a hostess you don’t have the hassle of having to invite friends over, prepare any food, or get a baby sitter. If you are hosting an Online Party you can sometimes come away with more FREE stuff than having a regular party and if there is no hostess you could be the one that is getting the commission, chosen at random.
As a Consultant it means that you can possibly get orders from people who you did not even think that you would have, as they don’t feel the pressure to buy and it is just a bit of fun.
How an Online Party Works
The way an Online Party Works is you would invite all the people who you know to be able to purchase items from your website or direct from you between the hours of 8pm-10pm or 10am-2pm. These means that people are able to buy your products but not have a party. I run an online party once a month, this is what I do:
- I go on Facebook and create an event and invite everyone I have as friends.
- I explain the time that I will be selling products from online
- What they have to do
- I remind people about the event 24 hours before
- When the event starts I thank everyone for coming on my business Facebook page
- After about ½ hour I start a game – this game is usually looking on the website to find an anagram or something on the webpage – The first person to comment gets a prize, this is usually £5.00 off their purchase or something along those lines
- I would usually then play another game about an hour later.
- When the party time is up I would Thank everyone for attending and supporting me and my business
- I would then select someone to receive the Hostess Gift or Offer
It is totally up to you how long you run the event for and it is a good way to be able to see what kind of reach that you get. Obviously if you do not get the best response I would try something different the next time, BUT DON’T GIVE UP. Advise people who you meet that you are able to do online parties and also your email database can be contacted to let them know about your event. If does not have to all be done over facebook you could also do it in a chat room that will allow you to do so.
Now that we are in the age of the Internet it is great to be able to use it to your advantage for your business.
- Try and do your online party when you are launching a New Product, Holiday Offers, Bulk Offers (if you buy a mascara you get a foundation for FREE)
- Add a Mystery Hostess section in your online party, randomly select someone who attends to be your Mystery Hostess and be able to get the benefits
- Repeat your website URL, ordering instructions, and incentives several times during the party and for any late arrivals. Make sure guests understand shipping charges and expected shipping date. If you are keeping the party open for several days or longer after the online party, make sure your clients understand that and know when they can expect to receive their products
- And finally, as with anything we do in our Home Party Plan businesss - FOLLOW UP! Keep in touch with everyone who came, ordered, played games, or just “hung out” for a little while. If they were interested enough to come visit, they are interested enough to become a client.
If you need any further assistance or would like help in setting up your Online Party, you can contact The Party Plan Guru on